Wednesday 31 August 2011

Costco sells a little bit of America

I finally made it to Costco recently, as my mother-in-law has a membership.  There was a buzz about it on a facebook site, I frequent, called American Ex-pats in UK.  I needed to see how much of America they really stock here in UK.  There were some nice surprises like finding Carters Clothing, pajamas and playwear for young children and infants. Other American items I noticed were Poppycock, Paul Newman's grape juice, various hershey chocolates, skippy peanut butter, chicken of the sea tuna and everything bagels. I was most impressed with the lunch cafe'.  Probably the cheapest place I've ever eaten in the U.K.---baked (jacket) potato with tuna for £1.25 and hot dog with unlimited soda for about the same.  Worth a scooch if someone you know is already a member.  

5 comments:

  1. I love shopping at Sam's here. Get a really good deal on spring salad mix. We eat lots of salads. We don't have a Costco by us. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're members and go once or twice a month if you ever want to join us!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,Yes, would definitely like to go back before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing I get from Costco, that's American, is Red Vines! When I was in college my parents used to buy me a tub to start out the year! Ah the memories!! And once I was super excited as they had Wishbone Italian dressing! But I haven't seen it in a while :0( the other thing that my husband liked, that they don't have any more, was corn dogs! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like they cycle through their products. Hopefully they will bring corn dogs back!

    ReplyDelete