Sunday 19 June 2011

New Social networking site for Americans living in Oxfordshire England

I have been wanting to start an Americans Womens Club in Oxfordshire, for a while now.   Before living in Oxfordshire for 6 years, I lived in The Hague, Netherlands for 6 years.  I belonged and worked at the Americans Womens Club of the Hague.  It was wonderful to have a little piece of America in a foreign country.  We had a clubhouse with all the bells and whistles (reception, library,giftshop) and I worked   part-time as the office manager there.  I hope this blog can be a forum for American Women in the Oxfordshire Area to get together either online or in person socially to support and guide each other.  I love a lot of things in the U.K.  My husband is British and my children have British accents but I do still love most things American and am always seeking out American food, shops and especially American Friends.  

6 comments:

  1. So glad you shared this blog with me, Sandra. Keep them coming! I am chronicling our UK adventures, so check out my blog if you would like!
    http://inghamfamilytails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    Just found a link for your blog over on the UKY site - as an American woman in the UK, I just wanted to say hello, and thank you for setting this up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just married a British man (here while visiting me in Florida!). He lives in Oxfordshire and we are going to live there for a few years! Just have to get a visa...glad to find this blog. I'll be reading your posts. Hopefully very soon I will be an American woman living in the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am originally from Florida as well, definitely look me up when you arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! i've only just found this website and love it. i am originally from california, been in uk for almost 12 (gulp!!) years now...hubby english. love reading about where to find american things....great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnx for the information..
    blog is really gud,for more information you can visit here
    Social Networking Site




    ReplyDelete